What a great feeling it is when you open your email and there is a notification telling you that someone (a special someone) actually thinks your blog is worthy of a nomination!
A huge thank you to J.G Burdette of Map of Time A Trip Into The Past, whose blog is beautiful, for nominating us!
J.G, this is for you…
The Rules for the Versatile Blogger Award are as follows:
- Thank the person who nominated you and include a link to their site (am still smiling, thank you J.G)
- Nominate 15 other bloggers who have inspired you (again include a link to their site)
- Share 7 things about yourself
This is a great part of the process and we are delighted to nominate the following lovely folk, in no particular order:
Wait, wait, wait…I have a logistical problem. Vicky is not here with me so I have sent her a message asking for some things she would like to share with you…this is no easy feat when under pressure but she did at least send this…and it sums her up so well:
1. I love Earl Grey tea
2. …..and tea pots!
that’s it! …so I think I will fill in the rest!
3. She is the smartest person I know and never one to get into a game of Trivial Pursuit with – you will come off second best.
4. One of her biggest dreams is to see Leonard Cohen in concert (and I sincerely hope her hubby is reading this)
5. She loves the colour ORANGE
6. She has a great love and respect for nature and her kids are lucky to have a Mom that can make the outdoors look like a world filled with treasures. She is a wonderful mother who has not gotten caught up in the fast pace of life and takes the time for life’s most simple and beautiful things.
7. She is a vegetarian and a qualified computer programmer – although these two things are not related!
1. I’m 37, married to my soul-mate and have 3 delicious kiddies aged 12, 6 and 7 months
2. Victoria is my sister-in-law and co-Woolhog-er. We had our youngest babas 4 weeks apart and spent much of our preggie months crocheting, buying yarn and dreaming of opening a natural fibres shop (watch this space). For the record, Victoria calls herself Victoria – I call her Vicky – so for the future, when I say Vicky, I mean Victoria!
3. I’ve done all the online tests and come up positive for a condition called Synesthesia – it’s when ones sees numbers/letters in different colours. On the left, is how someone with synesthesia might see things….
(very strange but I spent most of my life believing that everyone saw things like that. Helps my memory though)!
4. I am half Irish, half South Africa and have lived in both countries – I lived in Co. Clare on the west coast of Ireland from the ages 9 to 16. I am super proud of my Irish roots and can say the “Our Father” in Gaelic – much to the amusement of my kids who think I sound like a dork.
5. I am well-known in my circle for a party trick where I can get a cork out from the bottom of an empty wine bottle – with the bottle in tact, and the same cork. I have had to drink a lot of red wine to perfect this trick (that’s a lie, I just love red wine) and I ALWAYS give my trick away. If you ask, I will tell teehee
6. My favourite author is Robin Hobb and I have devoured almost every word she has written.
7. I am a relatively good speller, yet am far too spontaneous – spell check was made for people like me (when I remember to use it) Oh, yes…I also tend to talk in clichés and use analogies. A lot. I am grateful for grammar check too.
Good luck everyone!