It’s been a very exciting and busy week this my side of the planet – my sister-in-law slash BFF is getting married in 10 more sleeps! You can imagine the number of shops we have visited to hunt down those all important, last-minute things. Yesterday, the bride-to-be and my fellow bridesmaids (my other two sister-in-laws…or is it sisters-in-law? Whatever!) spent close to 7 hours in town and our “to-do-list” was something like this:
- pick up “The Dress” – CHECK its breathrakingly beautiful!
- convince the very camp/very bossy shop owner to let the bride try on “The Dress” one more time (and try to heartily laugh at his umpteenth reference to the bride as Bridezilla..HA.HA.HA) – CHECK
- pick up bridesmaid dress (for me!) – UNbloodyCHECK, stuff up and has to be remade arrghhh!
- cardigans for the 3 flower girls – CHECK
- pale pink/nude heels for Debz – CHECK
- gold earrings and necklace (again, for me!) HALF A CHECK
- lunch – while picking out the “first dance” song which the groom will also like DOUBLE CHECK, yum sushi and the “Across the Universe” version of one of the Beatles songs the thumbs up!
- smart pants for my baby boy Finn (to go with his All Stars and pin-striped shirt) CHECK cute black skinnys!!
Let me tell you….seven hours didn’t even touch sides!!!
Here is a little sneaky peak of the bride – gotta be careful that the groom doesn’t get a look in. I will keep you posted 🙂
Beautiful Bride-To-Be Krystal
Stunning don’t you think!
So now that I’m rested and my feet are up, what better time to SHOW OFF THE FIRST 5 MADE IT ENTRIES!!
Bright & Beautiful crochet blanket by AngellaDeeDesigns
Angella, from AngellaDeeDesigns has once again bowled me over with her natural talent and gorgeous creative flair, especially because she told me once that she cannot read patterns – well, who needs a pattern when you can crochet like this!!! This warm cosy crochet baby blanket is going to be a very welcome gift to the soon-to-be-parents.
One Hundred Easter Bunnies by Creative Granny
WOW, now here is a real labour of love! One hundred Easter bunnies crocheted by Helen of Creative Granny, made for an Easter Bonnet party which is coming up in a couple of days. These are the cutest little guys and as one commenter said it’s a pity that they are going to separated! They look fantastic together!!
Now I shouldn’t really do this but I just have to share another one of Helen’s projects – a beautiful crochet bag, ALSO MADE WITH NO PATTERN!
Recycled Bag by Vickymyerscreations
I am delighted to welcome a newcomer to the Made It challenge!!!! Thank you Vicky from VickyMyersCreations for entering this month, we are thrilled to have you one board and I’m sure you are going to make lots of new friends. This beautiful recycled bag was commissioned to Vicky by a mum called Becky and was lovingly handmade using one of Becky’s old skirts! It’s a beautiful post, featuring the most delicious little birdie and topped off with some wonderful feedback from Beck herself. Go and read about it here!
Pretty Spring Coasters by Little Poppits
If these “Season” themed bright, pretty flower coasters don’t cheer you up, you must be in the deepest throes of Winter (which can’t really be the case unless you live in the darkest depths Siberia, so you actually have no excuse!). The lovely Teresa from Little Poppits has not only crocheted these gorgeous babies, she’s shared her pattern with us…YAY and THANK YOU!!
Big Bag by DaniellaJoe
Welcome back! OOOOH I absolutely ADORE this bag…and not to mention the fantastic photography! The very colourful and talented Patricia from DaniellaJoe has entered this stunning bag – one which she took months of crochet/no crochet/crochet to complete. Sister, we sooooo get that and congratulate you on finishing it, it was worth the wait!
That’s all for now folks, to add your link CLICK ON FROGGY!